The Finance Department leads in the management and use of financial resources to achieve value for money. The Finance Department advises management on the Financial Administration Act, Internal Audit Agency Act, Procurement Act, and any other financial regulations approved by the Government and by doing so ensures the maintenance of proper accounts. It directs and controls financial management in line with public sector accounting principles thereby safeguarding the Assembly’s assets.
Is responsible for the management of financial administration
- Develops corporate investment portfolio and ensures effective credit control;
- Develops the work program of the Finance Department to ensure effective job performance;
- Preparation of annual pro-financial statement;
- Ensures judicious use of funds in accordance with official procedures;
- Develops financial policies and procedures for planning, controlling, and monitoring financial transactions
Divine Komla Dzansi
Head of Department, Finance
Mr. Dzansi oversees the finances of the district and keeps financial records.